The content and products on this page were developed for customers in North America. To learn about comparable offerings in other regions, please contact the appropriate representative(s) listed further down on this page.
Learn more about our PVC substrate formulations and acrylic additive selection for improved processing and impact strength by watching the video.
- Diverse PVC additive product portfolio for all formulations
- Improved melt strength and reliable rigid and semi-rigid PVC processing
- Proven weatherability via acrylic copolymers for PVC building and construction products
Finding solutions for formulating luxury vinyl tile products has never been easier. With Durastrength® and Clearstrength® impact modifiers and Plastistrength® process aids, maintaining weatherability, durability, and transparency is core to providing you with unparalleled high-performance in the final product.
How Arkema plastic additives work with vinyl flooring
Clear vinyl wear layer:
- Clear vinyl layer can be modified with specialty Arkema Clearstrength® impact modifiers and Plastistrength® process aids to maintain weatherability, durability, and transparency
- Clearstrength® W300 impact modifier offers MBS chemistry for transparent, vinyl layers while maintaining durability and weatherability
Patterned vinyl aesthetic layer:
- Weatherable vinyl print layer modified with Arkema Durastrength® impact modifiers and Plastistrength® process aids will provide mechanical integrity and UV protection helping aesthetics endure
- Combining Durastrength® 350 impact modifier with Plastistrength® 550 and 770 process aids leads to a balanced vinyl formulation with excellent processing and impact strength
Reinforced vinyl backlayer:
- Specialty Plastistrength® 562 process aid helps to incorporate high filler levels and provide consistent PVC melt processing while Durastrength® 4000 impact modifier can add mechanical integrity to tongue and groove assemblies
- For vinyl foamed backlayer formulations, Plastistrength® 580 process aid offers ultra-high MW technology for improved melt strength and cellular structure
This new technology from Arkema can make opaque semi-rigid and flexible PVC formulating easier through enhanced melt strength and improved fusion promotion with Clearstrength® and Durastrength® impact modifiers and Plastistrength® process aids. Learn more about what our plastic additive product families can offer you and contact a member of our sales team today.
Plastistrength® 562 process aid offers processing consistency for highly filled formulations
- Plastistrength® 562 process aid balanced melt processing and cost performance
- Best suited for rigid LVT back layer and vinyl substrate formulations
- Promotes fusion in formulations with elevated limestone / calcium carbonate levels
|PVC resin (0.82 IV)
|0 or 3
|Calcium carbonate (3 µm)
Durastrength® 4000 impact modifier excels in highly filled PVC formulations
- Durastrength® 4000 impact modifier provides expected impact performance while delivering benefits of acrylic fusion promotion
- Best suited for rigid LVT backlayer and vinyl substrate formulations
- Added mechanical integrity to tongue and groove assemblies
|PVC resin (0.91 IV)
|Reverse ester Sn stabilizer (8% Sn)
|Calcium carbonate (0.7 µm)
Plastics additives process aids & impact modifiers
View our full range of products for vinyl flooring.
Download our presentation for more information
Contact our Arkema Plastic Additives team
Global Market Manager – B&C
Sr. Technical Service Engineer
Sales Manager, NA
Sales Manager, EMEA
R&D Scientist – B&C and Thermoset Applications